Do you sometimes feel self-conscious when you smile or speak in public? Are you worried about how your orthodontic issues could lead to potential bite problems or TMJ in the future? One of the best ways to get your perfect smile and correct orthodontic problems is with Invisalign. Invisalign is a unique clear aligner system that can give you back your confidence. How does it work?
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a proprietary system of clear aligner trays worn in succession to gradually adjust your bite. This system gained popularity because it is virtually invisible and comfortable, unlike the traditional metal braces that many people associate with orthodontic treatment. You will not need to visit your orthodontist to have wires tightened or wear rubber bands. Instead, you will work your way through a customized series of aligners and wear your trays for 22+ hours every day.
Who Is Invisalign Appropriate For?
Invisalign is incredibly versatile, and it can be appropriate for a broad variety of orthodontic concerns. Some of the many cases where clear aligners can be a great solution include:
- Gapped teeth
- Open bite
- Crooked teeth
- And more!
If you are not sure whether or not you are a good fit for Invisalign, schedule a consultation. In some serious cases, metal or ceramic braces may be a better fit for correcting your orthodontic issues.
There are numerous reasons why patients choose Invisalign over traditional metal braces. Some of the many benefits of choosing Invisalign include:
- The clear aligners are virtually invisible, so you will be able to speak and smile with total confidence.
- You do not need to adjust your diet, other than making sure that you are wearing your aligners for 22 or more hours a day. With traditional braces, you need to avoid sticky foods and crunchy hard foods that might damage the brackets.
- It is easier to maintain optimal oral health when you are wearing Invisalign trays. Because you can pop them out, you can continue brushing and flossing normally and thoroughly. It will also be easy and comfortable to continue getting cleanings.
- Aligners are not prone to damage like brackets can be. You will not need to worry about a bracket popping off and needing to rush back to the orthodontist to have it repaired when you choose Invisalign.
- Invisalign trays are made of a specialized material that hugs your teeth instead of firmly pressing on them. As a result, many patients find them to be more comfortable than traditional braces.
Invisalign is a system of clear aligners that work due to the special material that the trays are made of. This unique material lightly presses on your teeth to guide them into the right position. The custom aligner trays that you use are customized to your teeth and your treatment plan, and you will experience mild discomfort at most. As long as you are wearing your trays properly and for enough time every day, you can progress through your treatment in as little as six months. At the start of your treatment, your dentist will give you an idea of what to expect.
As your dentist in Chestermere, Chestermere Smiles Dental helps patients of all ages achieve and maintain a perfect smile. If you’re ready to learn more about Invisalign treatment and how to transform your smile into the one that you’ve always dreamed of, call us today at (403) 235-2282 or click here.